Unofficed is a global platform for researching financial markets and blogging your ideas. Unofficed is truly committed to being open and transparent, and we draw lines on certain types of conduct that jeopardizes our users, threatens our infrastructure, and damages our community.
What Unofficed Trading Forum is for:
Unofficed Trading Forum celebrates open communication and creative ideas. We want you to express yourself freely and use Unofficed Trading Forum to share insights, learn from others, make friends and share the love for finance.
- Use only one account – registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
- No posting links or reference to content/sites that contain viruses or malware.
- No contentious political discourse, defamatory, threatening or discriminatory remarks, hate speech or personal attacks.
- English only for main public chat rooms and all public comments.
- Do not post offline personal contact information offering shady stuff and luring people.
- No links/posts with illegal content, erotica, pornography, or nudity.
- No advertising, direct marketing, or solicitation! To advertise to our audience DM @unofficed inside the Slack Group.
- Don’t spread rumors, unsubstantiated information or unsourced news. Any news event posted should include a source that corroborates it.
- Use your Full Name to avoid deactivation. This group relies on trust. (Refer: Change your display name – Slack Help Center)
- Don’t post trade calls without either a snapshot or a published chart to show the analysis. You’re obliged to share the rationale.
- Don’t copy the content from here and reproduce. You shall be prosecuted as per Indian IT Act 2008.
How bans work
You could get a warning or a ban (ranging from 5 minutes to 1 month) if you break the rules listed above.
The moderator picks the appropriate response based on the violation and previous ban history. Warnings or short bans are typically issued for first-time or small violations. Each consecutive violation will likely result in a longer ban period until it reaches 1 week and then 1 month. These two measures are required to be taken before a user is banned permanently. Duplicate accounts and accounts used for spamming and malware are an exception – they are permanently banned right away.
Public Chat & Comments
- Respect other members even if you disagree, don´t be unnecessarily confrontational.
- Stay away from non-trading chatter in other channels except #general.
- Don’t monopolize or dominate the conversation.
- No profanity or offensive language.
- No layering of post, text walls, emoji walls, chart walls or ALL CAPS.
- Don’t openly argue with moderators or criticise moderation in general – send them a private message if you disagree with something.
- Don’t chart-spam (posting the same chart over and over again without any changes).